After-School STEM Educator
Department: Youth Services and STEM Education
Hiring Rate: $15.00/hr
Women, especially women of color, are under-represented in STEM fields. YWCA Greater Pittsburgh works to address this disparity by providing after school STEM (“Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics”) education for girls in the Greater Pittsburgh area. Our instructors work to nourish girls’ interests in STEM, improve their in-school performance, and equip them with the workforce and life skills they need to thrive. Join our team and be a STEM Star in the lives of young women in our community!
Associates, Business, or Technical Degree with two (2) years of relevant social service experience or High School Diploma or equivalent with five (5) years relevant experience. Must be able to pass and maintain a clean Act 33/34 clearances and FBI background check.
- Working with youth from diverse ethnic, cultural, and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Creating a virtual learning environment that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their academic and social potential by implementing leadership, science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) curriculum and/or monitoring and assessing the effectiveness of program delivery.
- Monitoring and implementing Science, Technology, Engineering, Math and Leadership projects and programs to increase the STEM knowledge and experience for area youth.
- Role modeling appropriate behavior and ethics for program participants to create an effective teaching environment.
- Promoting and supporting the mission of YWCA Greater Pittsburgh and helping youth and teen girls use their voices and achieve their dreams.
Interested individuals can submit a resume and cover to letter Linda Broman, Human Resources Director at email@example.com