Southwest Regional Key
YWCA Greater Pittsburgh serves as the Southwest Regional Key (SWRK), and is part of Pennsylvania's Early Learning Keys to Quality, an integrated and coordinated system of program quality improvement and professional development support for Early Childhood Education (ECE) and School-Age Care (SAC) programs.
The Southwest Regional Key serves eleven counties, including Allegheny, Beaver, Bedford, Fayette, Franklin, Fulton, Greene, Huntingdon, Somerset, Washington and Westmoreland.
We can help you with:
- Keystone STARS, a state-wide initiative to advance, support and recognize quality improvement efforts of Pennsylvania early learning and school-age programs. Child care facilities move through designations to the highest level - STAR 4 - by meeting standards of professionalism.
- Low cost Professional Development opportunities that help early learning and school-age educators with upward career mobility. SWRK offers workshops and conferences and partners with higher education institutions to fund credential and credit-bearing courses.
- Free onsite technical assistance for facilities enrolled in Keystone STARS that helps them enhance quality and move to the next STAR level.
- STARS grants and awards that enhance the quality of children’s programs.
- Early Childhood Mental Health Consultation that provides professional development and opens doors to links, bridges, and service options on behalf of a child, family or program.
- The School-Age Child Care Project - one of six regional projects statewide that assists school-age facilities and practitioners with supports and resources for school-age children.
- A weekly electronic newsletter - FYI - that highlights Regional Key and partner news, spotlights upcoming professional development opportunities, and provides resource information and announcements.
Looking for information on Keystone STARS, early learning training and professional development, or any of the above resources? CONTACT SOUTHWEST REGIONAL KEY:
Toll Free: 1-877-349-4850